Welcome to the language reference pages. Click on the submenu items above or the links below to access the various sections.
Below are brief descriptions of the topics:
- Operators are symbols used to perform an operation, such as comparison or arithetic.
- Data Types describe the various kinds of data available.
- Variables are constructs used to store data in a script.
- Statements are used to manipulate data and objects to achieve the programming goal.
- Functions are user defined blocks of code. They may be called by event handlers or by other functions.
- Objects are containers that contain properties, methods, and even other objects.
- The Document Object Model (DOM) is the set of objects, properties, and methods associated with an HTML page.